I have a quote on my blog somewhere by Ernest Hemingway:
“We are all apprentices in a craft where no one ever becomes a master.”
From someone I would consider a master of the craft of writing, we realize that if he never stopped learning how to improve his craft, neither should we. In that vein, I would like to add a stretch goal this month. To make at least one of the books I read to be about improving writing.
Here are my February goals:
- Read one book every week, one of which is about how to improve my writing.
- Post on every member’s blog once per week.
- Send out 15 agent queries.
- Do not get depressed when I am rejected.
- Finish final edit of TPR.
- Outline all of TGM. Decide on POV and tense for TGM.
To wrap up January, I completed all but my first goal, which feels pretty good.
Good luck to everyone in February. I look forward to visiting you all over the next few weeks!